Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Relish Gourmet Sandwiches Review

Relish The Difference



If you're looking for a tasty, mouthwatering meal then Relish is the place to go. Relish Gourmet Sandwiches will not let you down. I absolutely love going to this small locally owned family restaurant. It is located right off Wyoming and Menaul and has a brand new sign that you can't miss when driving through the area. This small restaurant not only, hands down, quenches my hunger and thirst but also engages my memories and makes me think of all my friends and family. The staff are so friendly and polite and give off a great vibe that will leave you feeling as if you had known them your entire life. Restaurants like Relish originally don't give off a five star appearance, but once I had an experience here there is really no other sandwich place that can compare. It is always such an awesome feeling to enter a place not knowing what you are going to get out of it and leaving in absolute awe.

My experience here at Relish is one I consider that can not be beat. At least by much. My very first time I remember going was with my parents because we noticed the sign from outside and decided to give it a try since a good sandwich seemed tasty at the time. From the outside it looks like nothing much, but trust me, whatever you are thinking is probably wrong. It's simple little restaurant shop looks is nothing compared to what a hungry customer can experience inside.

Once inside, you immediately understand the busy yet friendly atmosphere of the place. Everything from customers talking about life experiences and having good conversation, sandwiches sizzling from being set onto the presses, chill-vibe eighties and nineties music, chairs being pushed out from happy customers leaving with satisfied appetites, to the staff taking orders and making sure every individual is guaranteed a good memory, Relish is the place to go. The smells of the restaurant completely engulfed my nostrils and my mouth started craving every single piece of food I set my eyes upon. From cold sandwiches to steamy, pressed hot sandwiches and mounds of salads that could be considered mountains, there is nothing here I don't recommend. Creative sandwich names such as the Grinder, Lobo Beef, the Luau, Spicy Italiano, and even the Muffaletta give off an impression that no choice could go wrong. They even offer a wide variety of salads that seem like they are topless with flavors and ingredients. The salads range from their most popular Chop Chop to others like the Waldorf Especial, Mozzarella and Tomato, end even the BLT Chicken Salad. Personally, I prefer the sandwiches any day over the salads but chowing down on one of their salads every once in a while is almost like a small slice of heaven. If you ever visit Relish, you have to no doubt try their award winning and famous Cubano Especial. This sandwich has won so many awards year after year and continues to be the best in Albuquerque! I was especially interested in why customers thought the Cubano was their favorite so I asked one for myself. Theresa Attencio, a regular and common customer of Relish, replied to my question by saying "Wholeheartedly, to me, it has to be their homemade chipotle mayo sauce they lather the sandwich with plus the Boarshead roasted pork. Together, these two ingredients make the sandwich one like no other". I honestly don't think I could have stated this any better. The meat choices are out of this world. Every sauce is made inside the local restaurant with ingredients found in stores around the city. And for the prices, I don't think they could be set better. For the price of $13.75, you can get a gourmet sandwich and save half for later (since they are SO filling!), a side choice ranging from one of their six choices, and a refreshing soft drink or iced tea. I say this is hard to beat!

I came upon another review of Relish Gourmet Sandwiches in Yelp that was just as excited about the place as I was. She began by saying, "Seriously, the Cubano is bomb" (JoAnna). She points out yet again that the Cubano is one to try and well worth the money. The combinations of food are well prepared and any customer can substitute ingredients for others if they'd like. "I get it with mozzarella cheese though instead of the Swiss and easy chipotle mayo. That really makes the sandwich go from "yeah that's good" to sandwich heaven" (JoAnna). All in all my experience at Relish has to be one I can brag about. I doubt I will ever find a Cubano sandwich in Albuquerque that will top the one Relish has to provide. But hey I guess that leaves the competition open then and we know who the winner to beat is!

If you're ready to give Relish a shot and try their food then I suggest not hesitating and be on your way. They take care of everything and get the job done. I highly recommend trying their astonishing, mouthwatering, appetizing, and fulfilling food.

Here is their phone number and address:

(505)- 299-0001
8019 Menaul Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110


 Cited Sources:
Attencio, Theresa. "Relish Gourmet Sandwiches Interview." Personal interview. 14 Mar. 2016
"Relish Gourmet Sandwiches." Restaurant Albuquerque New Mexico Reviews. Yelp, n.d. Web. 17 Oct. 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment